Eligibility Prime Minister Punjab Laptop Distribution Scheme
The number of laptops which are being distributed by the Government of Pakistan is 100,000; whereas the students’ enrolment at higher education institutions and more importantly “eligible students” are large in number. Therefore, laptops will be distributed purely on Merit basis; however eligible students at each distribution level or group shall follow inter se merit.
The leftover laptops after distribution amongst the MS/ MPhil/ PhD students and deduction of 5% for students of government polytechnic institutes, each Institutional/ Campus/ Departmental allocation will be segregated as per following degree program and levels.
· 50% of allocated numbers to 1st year students in Bachelor programs
· 20% of allocated numbers to 2nd year students in Bachelor programs
· 10% of allocated numbers to 3rd year students in Bachelor programs
· 10% of allocated numbers to 4th year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16 year education) 1st year (5% each if both exist)
· 10% of allocated numbers to 5th year students in Bachelor programs or Masters (16 year education) 2nd year (5% each if both exist). In absence of both, 10% will be equally distributed to 3rd year and 4th year allocations.
Note: Any leftover laptops from any distribution level (i.e. Academic level, Departmental, Campus, Institutional, or Provincial Allocation) may be shifted to any other distribution level or to the central pool, with the approval of Project Steering Committee.