Beacon house National University Admissions 2016.
School of education (SE), Beaconhouse National University has been offering exemplary teacher education since 2005. It aims to pursue excellence in education and professional practice by adhering to the highest standards of academic rigour. Realizing the potential of education for transforming lives, the school is committed to making a positive contribution to the development of individuals institutions and society.
All the programmes offered at SE are research- intensive and are based on the philosophy that teacher educators must be engaged in a continual process of inquiry. They are designed keeping in view the challenges of change that individuals, institutions and societies are facing in the world today and aim at preparing the students as effective agents of change. The teaching and assessment techniques used by the school encourage experiential learning and problem-solving skills. The research-lead courses offered at SE encourage students to gain insights from research in pedagogy to develop skills and values needed for imparting quality education.
The school of education aims to facilitate an expansion of educational opportunity and quality at all levels. It caters to a broad cross section of stakeholders: principals,directors,coordinators, teachers, lectures and those who shape or implement educational policies at their respective work places.
DEPARTMENT OF TEACHER EDUCATION:
Teaching English as a second language (TESL)
- Mphil in teaching english as second language
- MA in TESL
- Postgraduate Diploma in TESL
- Mphil in education
- Master of education
- Postgraduate diploma in education
- Postgraduate Certificate in education
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (ELM)
- M.Phil in educational leadership and Management
- Postgraduate Diploma ineducational leadership and Management
- M.A in eduational leadership and management
- CPD/ Short courses and workshops
DEPARMENT OF LINGUISTICS:
MS Linguistics (New program)
- Pioneering Programme in pure linguistics
- Comprises traditional core areas
- Trains students as linguists and researchers
- Includes contemporary developments in Linguistics
NOTE: Financial assistance available to deserving students.
Tel: 92-42-35718260 to 3, FAX: 93-42-35760254